Follow @three_bunnies

Friday, December 9, 2011

it really does look like christmas!

This morning was one of the first mornings of winter I awoke to snow on the ground.  Needless to say, it did not make my drive into work this morning pleasant but it is exciting to see the snow especially for Urban Lights (hopefully it puts people in the mood to Christmas shop!).  And it put me in the mood to make THE ULTIMATE CHRISTMAS PLAYLIST!

1. Maybe this Christmas- Ron Sexsmith.
I am not ashamed  to say I love teen dramas and one of my all time favorites was The O.C.  This song was on Music from The O.C. Soundtrack: Merry Christmamukkah.

2.  Come On! Let's Boogey to the Elf Dance- Sufjan Stevens. 
Who doesn't love a little Sufjan!? I actually love a lot of Sufjan.  My favorite part of this song is the lyric, "your sister's bangs she cut them herself."  Ahh, memories of my own bang fail.  This song is on Ding! Dong! part of Sufjan Stevens presents songs for Christmas Vol III a Singalong.

3. Someday at Christmas- Jack Johnson
It takes me to a happy place where there is world peace and ambient weather for flip-flops.  This Warm December- A Brush Fire Holiday Vol. 1.

4. What's this?- Danny Elfman
I chose this one because "This is Halloween" is technically a Halloween song but I still listen to it this time of year.  Nightmare Before Christmas Special Edition Soundtrack.

5. Christmas is going to the Dogs- Eels
This is exactly what I think my dog thinks about on Christmas. Music from The O.C. Soundtrack: Merry Christmamukkah.

6. Did I Make you Cry on Christmas? (Well, you Deserved it!)- Sufjan Stevens
It's not Christmas without crying, right? It's not as depressing as it sounds. Joy part of Sufjan Stevens presents Songs for Christmas Vol. IV a Singalong.

7. Blue Christmass- She & Him
I love Zooey!  A Very She&Him Christmas.

8.  Baby, It's Cold Outside- Leon Redbone & Zooey Deschanel.
One of the best holiday movies! And oh yeah, I really love Zooey!

This will be a good start to get us in the Christmas and shopping mood for Urban Lights tonight! Hope to see you all there.

-xo  erica

No comments:

Post a Comment