Follow @three_bunnies

Monday, April 16, 2012

vegan baking

I love baking.  Ever since I was a little girl standing next to my mother with my Fisher Price plastic food toys helping her bake I have had a passion for it. After a long stressful day few things can calm my nerves as quickly as a homemade sweet. I love the art and precision involved with baking. Now my love for baking has been taken to a whole other level.  I love, love, love vegan baking.

It always seems like my urge for baking suddenly happens as quickly as my cravings so it's important for me to have a well-stocked pantry. Before my vegan baking days it always seemed as though my limiting factor was eggs.  I almost never buy eggs usually because I am very picky about eggs and how I like to eat them and when I do have a craving for eggs they are few and far between.  This means either I have no eggs in the house or they are in that strange "after-sale-date" land where I am never really sure what is going on under that shell.   The substitutes needed to make delicious vegan delicacies have along shelf life and you are almost always guaranteed to make whatever your heart desires through a well-stocked pantry.

Buy it here!

For those of you who are brave enough to enter this awesome, delicious, and flexible world of baking I recommend Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero.  This book is a hundred  addictive and homestyle cookies just ready to be consumed.  And if this isn't enough to convince you check out these Cookie Dough Scoops:




-erica



No comments:

Post a Comment