Follow @three_bunnies

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

rice krispies

I am a rice krispy treat fiend. My poor parents paid all too much money for me in college to only eat rice krispies out of the cafeteria.  I just can't get enough of their gooey-crunchy-ness. The only thing that could make a rice krispy better is if it was VEGAN!  So, to all my non-animal product friends or those who just wish to consume less animal products and learn more about a kind lifestyle:

Courtesy of Amazon.com
What you need:
-1 baking dish
-cooking spray (optional)
-rice puff cereal (you can go really all out and find some gluten-free organic kinds)
-Dandies marshmallows (or vegan equivalent)
-Earth Balance Buttery Sticks

From here you basically can follow the recipe on the box of cereal.  But for mine I was feeling a bit lazy and didn't want to prepare anything on the stove top. I also halved the recipe since I ate half the bag of Dandies upon purchasing them.

Directions for the microwave rebels:
In a microwave safe bowl, heat 2 cups marshmallows with 1 tbsp Earth Balance Butter.  Stir mixture occasionally to keep marshmallows from turning into marshmallow-man and taking over NYC.
Add 2-3 cups rice puffs.  I like to add a little less than what is called for because I prefer mine to be gooey and filled with vegan marshmallow lovin'. Once mixed put in sprayed cooking dish and let cool.  Cut and serve or eat as one giant bar.

Enjoy!


-erica

No comments:

Post a Comment