Follow @three_bunnies

Friday, March 16, 2012

sushi!

Another day, another dinner!  Erica inspired me to make sushi this week--it's certainly warm enough for this crisp, light meal.

Sushi with Roasted Veggies
Ingredients
  • nori
  • sushi rice (cooked)
  • veggie filling: i used red peppers, mushrooms and onions that had been marinating in ginger, oil, and vinegar, which i roasted in the oven and cooled before rolling them up in the rice
Cooking sushi rice is a delicate matter—I usually wash the rice, let it soak for 30 minutes, then cook it according to the package directions in my rice cooker.  In addition to the water I add a little rice vinegar and a dash of sugar.
Once my rice was cooked, it was time to roll!  As pretty as these rolls look, they were the result of some serious trial and error.  I don’t make sushi often so I was definitely out of practice, but I started to get the hang of it again after a couple rolls. I lay the nori on the mat, paddled on the rice in a thin layer covering about 2/3 of the nori sheet, then lay my filling down in a line and rolled.  Not bad.
Also, delicious.

-taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment